Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Weekend...

...was a busy one! Friday we picked up the girls in Wilsonville for their first full week visit. Now that they are out of school, we will have them for a week at a time for their visits. Eric has to work a 10 day stretch so we can go on vacation, so I am on my own with all three girls.

Saturday morning we woke up early and drove out to Hillsboro to see my sister participate in a half marathon run. She did such an amazing job and I am so proud of her! The girls did great! I was so proud of them for staying near me and no one got lost. There were so many runners and on-lookers that I was afraid someone might get lost.

After that my dad took us all to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch...our favorite place! Then we went to look at houses. My parents are wanting to buy a house in Vancouver for when they retire. We met Eric at home after he got off work and made dinner. Then we relaxed with some popcorn and a movie.

Sunday we woke up extra early so we could go to my sister's Ward in Orchards. I wanted my parents to see Jarekah in the new dress they bought for her and they stay with Matt and Kendra when they are in town, so we ventured over to their church services. After church, we all had a BBQ at their house. Yummy! My brother came too.

Can you believe all of this and I didn't take one picture!?! I kept forgetting my camera. Ugh! Anyway, we had a great weekend and only a few downfalls. Jarekah got lost at Sweet Tomatoes. Talk about almost having a heart attack! I thought she was with my parents, but she ran off. We searched the whole restaurant and could not find her. We were out in Beaverton, so it was not a familiar area for her.

This nice man kept his eye on her for me and when I got a little closer, he told me where she was. I grabbed her and held her so tight. That was my first taste of a lost child. Nothing like this has ever happened before. I am usually OVERLY careful about her. With all the chaos, I assumed what I shouldn't have. After all, it is my responsibility to make sure she is safe! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for honest people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no matter how careful you are, they get lost. It's the worst feeling huh? So far not to many big scares just little ones. My parents lost my little sister at disneyland, that would be horrible. It only takes a few seconds though and they can be gone, scary stuff, but glad you found her and so glad that there are actually decent people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! Luckily, the man who found her is LDS too...it is just way too scary when I think about what could happen. It was definitely the worst feeling in the world and I am fortunate that there are good people out there.

    ReplyDelete

Silhouette Family