Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth!

We headed to Astoria for the holiday along with my sister and her family. This was an extra special holiday for Eric and I because we were able to have his two daughters visit us. This is the first time Eric has had his girls on the Fourth since his divorce.

Sorry no pics - I forgot my camera at home! I am so bummed about it too...I really wanted to have some pictures for memories, but I know it is something Eric and I will never forget. Hope everyone had a very happy and safe holiday.

This time of year is especially significant and has great meaning for us. We appreciate all our troops are doing to ensure we are able to continue celebrating our freedoms. The show was spectacular this year and I really think it was the best one so far. We have been attending the Astoria fireworks show for many years now and I can honestly say it is my favorite. I love the closeness being in that part of the state brings. Here's to many more holidays to come!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed you guys. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog header by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It took forever, but I really like how it turned out. I wanted something reminiscent of summer and looks like I accomplished it. Looks like you guys are having a blast in MN...we miss you though!

    ReplyDelete

Silhouette Family