Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter and Other Fun Stuff

So Eric was scheduled to work Easter Sunday, but on Friday his boss called and said he could take the day off after all. We were so excited! Eric has not been able to attend church in quite some time due to his job.

So we woke up early Sunday morning and we started getting ready. We gave Jarekah a bath and put her in the beautiful Easter dress Gramma and Grampa Wall bought her. So adorable! We were almost ready when we heard the phone ring...Eric's boss! He called and said that two of their employees called in sick and they needed Eric to come in. I was devastated. So there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that his boss said he could come in a little later so Eric could attend the first two blocks of church services. The bad news is that after that he had to work for about five hours and missed Easter dinner with my family who were visiting. Of course we saved him a big plate of food and he was able to join us later on. Hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Easter.



I had to get a picture of Jarekah after her bath. She came running into our bedroom looking so dang cute!


This is the first picture we tried to take with Jarekah in her Easter dress. She was not too happy and wanted a bottle. We have really been trying to stop that habit and she mostly drinks from a sippy cup or cup. I need to hide the bottles better!


Jarekah wants her babies that are in her crib.




Daddy gave her the babies



Show-off



Our little baby



I can't get over how big she is getting!



Playing with mama...she is running from me


Our little pumpkin!



The end of the night...she fell asleep in the car on the way home from Aunt Kendra's house. We were there with the rest of the family after church. She woke up around 9:00pm and we fed her some dinner and let her have some of her Easter candy. There were only 3 things she could eat from her Easter basket. We bought one of those premade ones from the store. Next year I will make my own. She did get a huge ball, so that was good enough for her!





5 comments:

  1. So, So, So cute!!! That stinks that your husband had to work, but at least he was able to make it to some of church. I haven't even met him yet have I? Well hopefully play group works out for both of us. Do you work or are you a stay at home mommy like me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I don't think you have met my husband. I was happy he could at least make it to some of church, even if we did have to leave early. Are you feeling any better? I am a stay at home mommy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one of her with her eyes closed reaching through the bars to get her babies. Does that work? Can she pull them through? Don't worry about the bottle thing, Paisley still has a binky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that funny? She does that all the time. She cannot get the babies through her crib, but she sure does try to! I brush her teeth every day, so I am not too worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! So great your hubby could go to at least part of church on Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Silhouette Family