Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scripture Promise

So Eric and I made a promise to each other that we will read at least one chapter of the scriptures together each night before bed. At first, we were bad at keeping it up and our longest streak was like 4 nights. I am happy to report that last night marked our longest streak ever at 15 days! We will hopefully keep it up and it really makes me feel better when I read. It gives Eric a chance to feel closer to Heavenly Father since he is not able to attend church every Sunday due to his job, and we feel closer as a couple when we read together.

4 comments:

  1. Kevin and I read the scriptures every single night for the first year and a half of our marriage. I don't know how we got out of the habbit but we did. I know what you mean by feeling better when you read. We need to get back on track! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you that is awesome.

    btw-love the header picture, you're a hot mama!

    Oh & i just realized your baby is 18 months, nursery age! Hooray for nursery I love when we get to that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful picture of you and your hubby! What a wonderful tradition of reading together. I love reading the scriptures aloud--the language is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you guys! That is awesome, and such a good thing for him like you said, since he is unable to attend.

    ReplyDelete

Silhouette Family