Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Extra Prayers Needed

Well, we just got back from the ER where we took Jarekah. It is almost 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. We have been struggling with sickness, but tonight Jarekah took a turn for the worse. She woke up with pink eye yesterday and so I called her pediatrician. They said they needed to see her before writing a prescription because she has been sick.

Anyway, long story short, my sister said she had some eye drops leftover from when Paisley had pink eye. I decided to try it and see. Well, not the smartest thing I have ever done. Jarekah had a massive allergic reaction to the eye drops and started bleeding pretty badly from her eye. Of course I freaked out.

I tried to call the advice nurse and after waiting about 20 minutes, Eric and I decided to take her straight to the ER. After several hours, they finally released her with numerous medications. Oh, and she has a really bad ear infection now too.

She is screaming as I write this, poor thing. Daddy is walking with her and trying to comfort her because my efforts went without success. I feel so badly for her and it really got me thinking how precious life is. All I could ever ask for is that my family be happy and healthy. Please say an extra prayer for her. We could really use it.

3 comments:

  1. oh, you poor thing and your poor baby! I hope she gets better VERY soon. There is not a more helpless feeling than having a wee sick one. You will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy I am so sorry. That is awful & so scary! I hope Jarekah & you are feeling better and hopefully you're both sleeping right now. We'll remember you in our prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if there is anything we can do, other than pray of course! You will be in all of our prayers! I hope she gets better, and you as well! Poor little thing!

    ReplyDelete

Silhouette Family