Monday, May 11, 2009

I Often Go Walking...

In meadows of clover
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over
Dear Mother, all flowers remind me of you

Dear Mother
I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking
I learn how to love them, dear Mother, from you



The primary sang this song in Sacrament meeting for Mother's Day while I was visiting my parents' ward in Astoria. It made me think of my Mom and how she is an avid lover of flowers and gardening. She passed that love on to me and to this day I cannot see a field of beautiful flowers without stopping. Happy Mother's Day, Mom, and I am glad Jarekah and I were able to come and spend the special day with you. I love you Mom!

I could not do this tribute to Mothers without giving credit to my wonderful Mother in-law. She is truly like a Mother to me and I love her deeply. She does so much for us and never lets a week go by without checking up on us to make sure we are okay. She always has the best words of advice for me and I can talk to her like a best girlfriend. She raised a wonderful son who has love and compassion and knows how to treat a lady. So here's to you this Mother's Day. Thank you for giving me a wonderful husband and for being the strong, beautiful woman that you are. I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silhouette Family