Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Fun

So Eric had to work on Mother's Day and since I did not want to be alone, Jarekah and I took a road trip to the beach to visit my parents. I love the drive and decided to leave extra early so we could attend my parents' ward. We arrived with plenty of time to spare and enjoyed their service.

After church we went back to mom and dad's where my brother was waiting for us. We had a huge lunch that my parents prepared. We had bbq ribs, pineapple shrimp, green salad, bbq baked beans, homemade potato salad, rice, and a few extras. Needless to say, we were all very full.

After lunch we ventured out to the beach where it was VERY cold and windy. Jarekah fell asleep in the car, so my mom stayed with her. I went out for all of about 5 minutes and nearly froze to death, so I went back to the warm car. My dad and brother played with some kites and then we went back to the house to enjoy a dessert of blackberry pie and ice-cream.

After that Jarekah and I had to make the treck back home. I hated to leave, but Eric was preparing a special Mother's Day dinner for me and we had a long two hour drive back home. All in all, it was a very fun mini trip and it was nice to spend some time with my family.



Mom, brother Jarek, and Me...EXTREME close-up!

Mom and my brother Jarek



My brother joking around...


Still goofing off...


This couple came by on horseback...the horses were so beautiful!


Dad and Jarek got their kites up!


Jarekah had a nice long nap...she missed the whole time at the beach!


PASSED OUT!


She finally woke up and Uncle Jarek entertained her...and us for that matter!

Jarekah broke out the Propel...thirsty girl!


2 comments:

  1. Awe. Fun. Jarek is making a stinky face in the first few pictures. I'm glad you guys were able to make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Jarek got tall like your Dad! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Silhouette Family